6th Annual Torch of Dignity Relay
“Spark the Change”
November 21, 2021 – Winnipeg, MB
We would like to invite you to our annual Torch of Dignity Relay event this fall, promoting the 30 Articles of the United Nations of Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Manitobans for Human Rights is again attempting to do a virtual event showcasing Manitobans in a final edited cut on November 21, 2021.
Sponsored by Manitobans for Human Rights and the Canada Summer Jobs Program, this relay represents all peoples uniting to promote diversity, inclusion, and equality. This year’s theme “Spark the Change”, represents each Manitoban imagining a world in which human rights and human dignity are respected and valued. Each individual can challenge themselves to make a change. It only takes a spark of inspiration!
To support this year’s campaign, we are asking your organization to register as a virtual relay participant. We will, with safety protocols in place, visit your organization to take a video, and together we will choose what Universal Declaration of Human Rights article(s) relate to your organization. Other ways to support would be to take a selfie and tell us what spark inspired you to make a change on our facebook, instagram or twitter. Each post will be shared and may be included in the final Torch of Dignity Relay video.
Manitobans for Human Rights is a registered charity, non-profit organization that promotes human rights learning to all Manitobans.
Please click on register below to be part of Torch of Dignity 2021:
For Further Information:
Torch of Dignity Team
Kierra Wilfer – email@example.com
Thomas MacKay – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Cielos – email@example.com
Emily Gross – firstname.lastname@example.org
MHR Office – www.mhri.ca
Name of the Campaign: I am Human (Published on Sep 15, 2021)
Sponsored through Wellness Grant, by Cindy Gilroy, Daniel McIntyre Ward, City of Winnipeg.
Executed by Manitobans for Human Rights Youth Advisory Council 2021
Please click here to watch the full video of the campaign: I am Human.
1. Valerie Thompson, President and Founder of Manitobans for Human Rights Inc.
3. Jocelyn Greenwood, Celebrant.
5. Allisther De Castro, Member at MHR Youth Advisory Council, 2021.
6. Walt Nilsson, Executive Secretary of Manitobans for Human Rights Inc.
7. Anukul Dash, Administrative Assistant at Manitobans for Human Rights & Mentor of MHR Youth Advisory Council.
10. Noah Boonou, Freelance Actor.
11. Cage Cameron, Firekeeper at Sacred Fire- Bring our children home.
12. Kesha Patel, Member at MHR Youth Advisory Council 2021.
13. Syed Shams Monour, Secretary at MHR Youth Advisory Council 2021.
14. Lucas Szpigiel, Member of MHR Youth Advisory Council 2021.
15. Jeremy Karmaker, Member of MHR Youth Advisory Council 2021.
17. Arko Somujjal Dutta, Member of MHR Youth Advisory Council 2021.
18. Darden Conolly, Heavy Equipment Operator.
So, I would like to thank Manitobans for Human Rights for having me as the Interviewer. I want to thank all of you. I want to thank Councillor Cindy Gilroy and Jodie Kendel for inspiring a generation of Youth and I would like to thank the City of Winnipeg for inspiring the next!
Thank you so much, it has been an honour to interview you all!
Manitobans for Human Rights Inc.
Workshop on Mental Health & Wellness on Sept 05, 2021
To enjoy the full workshop click here.
Job Posting on July 27, 2021
Special Event Co-coordinator
Manitobans for Human Rights is hiring 4 student positions (2 full-time and 2 part-time) under the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
To send resume email:
Job Description is attached below:
Should you have further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Manitobans for Human Rights Inc.
cell: +1 (431) 999-3942
Presentation on Universal Basic Income by MHR Director Shandi Strong and the Q&A session on April 13, 2021 at 7 PM
- Collaboration of UBI Committee with Youth Advisory Council 2021.
- Presented by Shandi Strong, Director of Manitobans for Human Rights.
- Enjoy the recorded presentation and Q&A session by clicking here.
Manitobans for Human Righ...
Manitobans for Human Rights BFM Accessibility Certificates_Recognition ms
Torch of Dignity Voluntee...
Manitobans for Human Rights Torch of Dignity committee is looking to[...]
Us & Them event (video)
International Women's Day event at the CanadianMuseum for Human Rights.[...]
Breaking Bread Potluck
Sunday, March 4, 2018 Breaking Bread Potluck Manitobans for Human Rights,[...]
Luncheon: Youth Advisory ...
December 10, 2017 Manitobans for human rights Youth Advisory Committee[...]