Our amazing volunteers are the heart and soul of Manitobans for Human Rights (MHRI). Our volunteers provide vital connections to our communities through leadership on our Board of Directors and on our numerous committees. You can choose to volunteer on our event committee, fundraising committee or join our innovative steering committee. Our steering committee is made up of twelve separate groups. This gives you the opportunity to become involved with a cause you are passionate about.
- Indigenous People
- Immigration & Refugees
- Mental Health and Addiction
- Poverty and Homelessness
- Torch of Dignity
Join us, and become a part of making Winnipeg the second Human Rights city in Canada through promoting human rights learning to all Manitobans.
Volunteering can deliver a wealth of benefits including:
- A means of building self-esteem and/or confidence
- A great way to learn or develop skills and interests
- A pathway to enhance work experience
- Enhance your health and get active
- A way to meet new people or broaden your social circle
- As an expression your gratitude for help you may have received in the past
- An opportunity to support a cause you feel strongly about
- Making a real difference to your community.
Like music and art, love of nature can transcend political and social boundaries.
– Jimmy Carter